Thursday, February 10, 2011

Artist Statement

I have been interested in the complexity of human emotion since my childhood. When I was 18 I joined the military and spent a year being taught Persian by several Afghan instructors with a visit to the Middle East following closely thereafter. My experiences during that time and since have taken my initial fascination with people’s inner desires and bred a new interest in how people fit them into what is expected of them socially, academically, professionally, etc. I first started writing with a theater group in Omaha, Nebraska where I was drawn to the power of visceral storytelling. I feel approaching art with the basest of feeling is the most compelling approach and can lead to a well developed intellectual experience. My artistic goals are to become as proficient as possible in all aspects of film production so I may one day produce my own films in their entirety. I look forward to a future in this form where technology allows me and everyone else to create their stories exactly as they envision them, from concept to execution. I am currently in the conceptual phase of a series of short films dealing with my personal experiences that I hope will eventually form one complete story.

No comments:

Post a Comment